I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I’d like to do with my life. I don’t have it all figured out but there’s always the little (sometimes silly) things I want to do. You know those stupid things you might never do but think it would be fun to imagine anyway…like opening up a cupcake shop (random, I know). This is my list of whimsical dreams…that might just come true someday so you better watch out.
1. be a writer – you know…like take my macbook to a cool Portland coffee shop and write articles about things I enjoy such as concerts, bands, faith, family, etc.
2. be a speaker – this one is a bit more on the realistic side. I think I would enjoy speaking at events like youth rallys, retreats, and other special events. I could even use my guitar skills in combination with this. I could be the next Matt Maher! Or I could marry Matt Maher (haha I’m totally joking…sorta).
3. be a guitar player singer songwriter (say that 10 times fast) – I have never felt comfortable playing for people before, but lately I have been wanting to start performing at coffee shops. So far I’ve performed twice now at Soul Espresso which is a young adult “coffee shop style” faith gathering.
4. start a band with my sisters…now if they’d only learn their instruments lol
5. backpack through Europe – nuff said
6. create fun videos – I do this sometimes with my job when I make memory videos or slideshows for my youth group, but I want to do my own stuff too.
7. learn to surf – as obsessed as I am with all things that include beaches, tropical places, ocean, sunshine, and surfing, people are surprised that no, I really don’t know how to surf. But one of these days I really will accomplish my lifelong goal of surfing in Hawaii.
8. have a vegetable garden – I’m serious! I love vegetables! As soon as I get a house I’m growing a garden.
9. start my own magazine. Just kidding! I think I just watch too much Ugly Betty.
10. Go to the next World Youth Day in Madrid, Spain in 2011 – This one’s for sure! I am so excited!!!
I’m only just getting warmed up but I guess I’ll stop at 10 things…for now. That was pretty fun actually. With the exception of a few (like starting a band with my sisters…because THAT will ever happen) I think most of these are do-able to some degree. And the moral of the day (that I just taught myself two seconds ago) is that you should go for your dreams even if they do seem whimsical because anything can happen. Ciao!